Pages

My review about my interview with Yankee

Gosh, what can I say about my interview with Yankee....
Just that it was the best!
He instantly recognized my Puerto Rican accent. In which I followed by telling him that Im from Rio Piedras the same place where he grew up and was born. He laughed and said Centro Medico which is the place where we were both born. I know que casualidad! NOT!!! Cause its the only public hospital in the area!
He followed by saying he knew the place where I grew up in PR with a big smile and big eyes and I dont blame him cause I was a bit hesitant to say which "caserio" where I was from... yeah.. moving on!

I've been a fan for years! I mean since he was in the "caserios" doing concerts.... I mean I used to go to those concerts myself due to I grew up in a "caserio" myself....
U know every time he was there at a concert, I was the small child who got the pad on the head and said, "Im glad u liked it!"

Now as an adult I got to interview him and he was just the sweetest guy.
He answered all my questions and friend's questions who were texting me at the moment.
He didnt hesitate to answer anything and he seems like he was answering truthfully.
I knew he was a laid back kinda of guy, but I never knew after all this years he hadn't let the stardom to his head.

We talked about his upcoming movie "Talento de Barrio" in which I reminded him we've been waiting awhile for and he responded with a laugh!
But he said "Le estamos dando tiempo" "Just giving it time" also he said " they were working on the soundtrack today for the movie". But it coming soon... Everything has its timing I believe.

We also talked about his latest production El Cartel: The Big Boss
In which he said he drew his inspirations by all his frustrations and just things that had happened to him in life. He just had to get somethings out of his chest.
He also hopes that other reagueetoneros follow his footsteps in the new sounds he has delivered in this new production. He hopes el genero del Regueeton can change and gets out of the place where its stuck.

We talked about his fears and he got a little bit serious on that one. He fears his kids will not have a father there for them. He fears him not being able to be there, if anything bad happens to him they will be left alone with out a father. He said " I know Im the best father they can have, so me not being there for them its scary"

We talked about his Actor career. He proceeded by saying he has plans to come back to the big screen but first he is going to be doing a how for the FOX network call "Kane". He didnt go in to details about so I didnt push it. But he said to check it out and wait cause its coming!

He also mentioned he will like to work with Johnny Deep, Robert Deniro, Sean Penn, Rosalyn Sanchez if it came to acting. When it comes to music he is currently working with Lil Wayne. Yankee mentioned a whole other bunch of other Rap artist but due to Im a Rocker who likes some reagueeton I kinda got lost there gals! Sorry!

We've talked a little bit more in depth about his family in which he mentions he bearly spends time with them. But he is always calling and tries to do his best to spend time with them. He never travels with his family cause they are in school and an education is more important right now.

I asked him what was the worse thing that has happened to him on stage and he proceeded to say going catatonic. In which at that moment it brought me back to last weeks event of him being in the hospital. He said usually by the end of every tour he starts losing his voice and feeling beyond the point of tired and thats the moment in which every one panics! He said with a smile " Everyone starts running and seeking for old remedies and everything they can find to make him feel well and he can go on further in his tour".

I asked him about ALL the fan clubs which have been created about him and he said he is very humbled about the love of his fans! He loves them and he wants for all the fan clubs to become one big one. Just to go to Nomar's myspace page where it will all happen.

As request from LCDY in Florida management I asked him if he will show up for a private party if it was put together? And he followed by saying " YES!!! If my plans plan it I will show up! Anything for my fans!!"

As request of Jessica from Fan Club: Daddy Yankee Club I asked him if he will do small area concerts in places like Brooklyn, NY and of course I threw in Tampa, Fl? And he said yeah!
He said he will be doing after parties after every concert so he can spend time with his fans and that way the people who couldn't afford to go to the concert they can still spend time with him that way.

As every person I wondered if he had any role models in life and he said "Only Jesus". He never really looked up to anyone cause he grew up in a place where there were really no one to look up to.

I asked him what next for Yankee? What are his future plans?
he proceed by saying " Im going to be producing for a bit. After 2008 when the tour is over Im coming back with small venue concerts like clubs so I can be with my people. Be close to them and just feel their energy. I want to go back to my roots...". When he said that I wondered if he was going to go back to the "caserios" where it all began and he said "Ive been going back to the places where they have shown me mad love, last year I couldn't do it cause the family requested to stay with them and u know family comes first..."

Of course I had to ask about the "Tirarea" towards him and he said " I don't let it bother me, I don't live life to listen to peoples envies. They want to have what I have and they feel teh need to use my name to get to the top like I am. So, let them do it! Everyone needs money at one point or the other..."

Well, this is my review of my half an hour with the one and only Daddy Yankee. He is a great human being and can I say he has a great smile. Sorry I had to throw that in! LOL
But he was very nice towards me and he was proud that a Boricua like myself from Rio Piedras was interviewing him. To be honest this is a dream come true for me.
I am extremely thankful for the people in Mun2 for picking me out of all the fans who also wanted to do this interview. Also thanks to the Mun2 staff Christine and Marcos for helping me and calming my nerves before the interview...
The interview should be available online from 1-3 weeks I was told. As soon as they let me know I will let u know!

0 comments: